Our law firm in Luxembourg was founded in 1990 and merged in 2000 with Allen & Overy in order to integrate with one of the most prestigious law firms of the British Magic Circle. Our international network and sound local knowledge enables us to provide our clients with a consistent and first-rate service. That means giving them intelligent advice across corporate/M&A, tax, banking/finance, intellectual property and information technology, regulatory, investment funds and asset management, capital markets, real estate, employment, and insurance law. Today, Allen & Overy is positioned as one of the largest and certainly most international law firms in Luxembourg, with a full-service “one-stop-shop” offering and experts in every relevant area of the law.
Allen & Overy is an active and engaged player across all aspects of the Blockchain / DLT market – we began looking at the legal aspects of blockchain and cryptocurrencies several years ago, when prospective use cases were theoretical at best. In the intervening period we have engaged with our clients and with a wide range of market participants to follow emerging developments and contribute our perspectives on how existing and emerging legal and regulatory frameworks might be applied to new business models built on distributed ledger technology.
Allen & Overy was proud to be the first law firm to join the Infrachain initiative in May 2017, as a founding member.
- Headquarters: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Year of creation: 1990
- Headcount: 170
Blockchain/DTL related services
- Legal services
Certifications, distinctions, awards
- Allen & Overy worked closely with Nivaura on LuxDeco’s cryptocurrency bond issuance, the first fully automated crypto bond issuance settled and cleared on a blockchain infrastructure.
- Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe FT Innovative Lawyers 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017 & 2018
- International Law Firm of the Year IFLR Europe Awards 2015
- European Law Firm of the Year – Chambers Europe Awards 2016
- Ranked Band 1 Chambers Fintech Guide: “An international firm best regarded within Luxembourg for its top-tier banking and finance, tax and TMT practices. Allen & Overy are seen by clients and peers as being exceptionally well connected within the country’s FinTech ecosystem. The firm is a partner of the Luxembourg House of Financial Technology (LHoFT) and a founding member of non-profit governance initiative Infrachain.”